Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The utter obscurity of Killer7


Since I have started life in Malta again I have found a good batch of free time for me to divulge in previously unfinished games on my neglected GameCube. I always wanted to play Suda51's Killer7 since 2005 when it was released but I didn't have a GameCube then. I bought GameCube in late 2006 and with it 4 games - The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Killer7 and The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess plus the pack-in that came with the GCN Super Mario Strikers. What happened though was that Metroid Prime plus the two Zeldas took most of my time of GameCube-ing and i completely forgot that I owned Killer7. Let me add that the two Zeldas plus Metroid Prime are mind-blowing games that every hardcore gamer should seriously check out.

Anyway in February of 2007 I invested in the GameCube's successor - the Nintendo Wii. Although the Wii is backwards compatible I was way more interested in Wiimote waggling software than my old forgotten GCN games. Now, in October of 2008, when I was packing my GCN alongside my other belongings (I leave my Wii at home for safety reasons) I remembered Killer7! I have been playing it every chance I get since. It is so surreal, obscure, psychopathic and yet mature that I was bound to fall in love with it. This is the very first game that can either be hated until the end of time or loved and cherished until the sun explodes. Foretunately I fall in the latter category. I will tell you why in a later post. Now, I'm off to kill with the 7 Smiths. 

I believe that I have to eliminate one of Androo's Top Ten Videogames to have enough room for Killer7. I'm not sure yet. We'll see.

Roo

No comments: