Friday, September 26, 2008

Slash solo album on the horizon!



"Slash is hard at work on a solo album, according to Rolling Stone. The magazine caught up with the former Guns N’ Roses/current Velvet Revolver guitarist after his weekend appearance at a Los Angeles Guitar Center Sessions. He said making the record has been a “cathartic” experience.

“I’m totally on my own,” Slash said. “A buddy of mine has got a mini-studio in his house and we stay until two or three in the morning just recording the basic demos,” he says. “I’m used to a band situation where I’m one fifth of the input no matter who brought the song or whatever it is. Every band I’ve ever been in we all just sort of tear it apart, put it back together, and it comes out however it comes out. This is interesting for me because I’m just doing my thing and I have no one to answer to.”

He said he has a running wish list of guest vocalists he would like to recruit to sing the songs, adding that at the rate Velvet Revolver’s quest for a new singer was going his solo work would most likely come out before anything by that band." ―Aidin Vaziri

Roo

No comments: