Friday, November 21, 2008

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: HBC successfully installed!

After exactly 17 attemps I have been able to install the Hombrew Channel via the Twlight Hack. I absolutely couldn't install it. Whatever I did, what ever I tried the Wii usually froze right before the "Install" screen appeared. Ultimately I found out that the SD card was the problem. Message to Ascer: YOU FUCKING SUCK! 

How to install and a demonstration of the HBC:


Anyway now that I have the HBC here is a little list of what I can actually do with the device:
- Homebrew apps/games;
- Play DVDs/DIVX/AVI/MPEG/JPG/WMV files;
- Play mp3/wma/ogg files;
- Play PS1/SNES/NES/N64 (as well as many others) ROMs completely free - goodbye Virtual Console;
- Manage files directly from my computer to my Wii;
- Without any hardware modifications I can actually play backups;
- many many many more applications that I cannot bother list.

Roo

No comments: